Monday, February 23, 2009

Meet Trevor Wyatt Shenk

Well on Thursday Febuary 19, 2009 we welcomed to our family our newest addition to the Shenk Family.

Trevor Wyatt Shenk
born: Thursday February 19, 2009 at 10:32pm Weight: 7 lbs. 0 Oz.
Length: 19 3/4 inches




It all started when I was going to my last OB visit before my scheduled C-section on February 24. Like normal, I go in, get weighed and have my blood pressure taken. My blood pressure was high...like normal. So I had to sit on my left hand side for what felt like hours. Blood pressure still high. So doc comes in room and says, I'd like for you to go to the hospital to be monitored and have some blood test while you are there. She said, if all is normal, then would be free to go home and would see them back on Tuesday. Well, hour after hour and my blood pressure going everywhere, the contractions started laying on thick! So, at about 8:30 that night, the doc calls the hospital and say that they are going to have the baby tonight!!! I was exstatic!

Well, when they got me back to the operating room, of course...I started freaking out...if they didn't have my numb from the back down, chances are I would have ran from the room. But then Jeremy sat next to me and started petting my head and arm and he calmed me down. So, what felt like hours was just about 1 hour.

Since going back to my hospital room, he and I did nothing but sleep and eat. Well, he pooped too! But have a fun look at a few of our pictures of Trevor's birthday!!





















1 comment: